What is a Change of Tenancy?

A Change of Tenancy (COT) or Change of Occupier (COO) takes place when a business or an individual move into a new property or moves out of an existing property.

If you are looking to move properties then you will need to notify your current utility supplier of the property you are leaving. This can be done by calling the customer service team and some suppliers make this process available through an online form. 

Once you move into the new property, you'll need to notify the supplier who will be taking on the meter at that location. 

It is important that you take meter readings when you move out and when you move in so that you can be accurately billed for your use. 

FAQJoe Hickman